Maryland State Dental Association Endorses iCoreConnect
The Maryland State Dental Association (MSDA) has identified and endorsed iCoreConnect’s iCoreVerify automated insurance verification software and iCoreRx cloud ePrescribing software. As a trusted partner, MSDA has negotiated exclusive discounts for MSDA members.
“The team at iCoreConnect continues to innovate based on pain points we all feel day-to-day in our practices. That’s why we continue to expand our product endorsements with iCoreConnect. We urge you to see iCoreVerify and iCoreRx for yourself by booking a live demo today." — Chrys Bell, Director of Membership & MSDA Member Perks (DAC)
MSDA Endorses iCoreConnect Products
iCoreRx Cloud ePrescribing
Maryland Mandatory ePrescribing for Schedule II-IV Controlled Substances and Required Query of the Prescription Drug Monitoring for Program (PDMP)
Maryland prescribers are required to electronically transmit prescriptions for Schedule II-IV controlled substances that contain opioids. The law is effective as of January 1, 2023 after the mandate was temporarily delayed in 2022. Prescribers are also required to check the Maryland Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) prior to writing specific prescriptions for controlled substances.
Stay on top of these legal requirements with iCoreConnect’s iCoreRx. Improve your clinical workflow when you ePrescribe all medications, including controlled substances. In addition to meeting those legal requirements, iCoreRx allows you to:
- ePrescribe controlled substances and other medications from any device, anywhere, with cloud-based software
- Connect directly to the Maryland Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) for immediate access to patient reports
- See interactions and contraindications to improve prescription safety
- Autofill important patient information and favorite pharmacies and prescription combinations to improve speed and increase efficiency
iCoreRx and the Maryland Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP)
Maryland law requires that prescribers must, with some exceptions, query and review their patient’s PDMP data prior to initially prescribing an opioid or benzodiazepine AND at least every 90 days thereafter as long as the course of treatment continues to include prescribing an opioid or benzodiazepine. Prescribers must also document PDMP data query and review in the patient’s medical record.
iCoreRx offers an option to integrate with the PDMP. Streamline the process and improve prescription speed and efficiency while ensuring adherence to Maryland law and boosting patient safety. The integration allows prescribers to directly access the patient's PMP report without the extra step of logging into the Maryland PDMP site.
iCoreVerify Automated Insurance Verification
iCoreVerify completes insurance verifications for every patient on this week’s schedule faster than you just read this sentence.
You can reduce the time spent on insurance verifications by 80%. Now you can redirect staff time to scheduling patient follow-ups and other revenue-generating activities. Stop relying on manual processes, spending time on the phone, and verifying patients one at a time. iCoreVerify provides you:
- Verification in seconds for every patient on the schedule each week (rather than one patient at a time)
- Built-in error reporting shows you exactly what needs to be corrected for quick resolutions
- Fewer claim denials thanks to accurate patient information
- Unlimited verifications with no per-transaction fees
Maryland State Dental Association Member Benefits
The Maryland State Dental Association endorses iCoreVerify and iCoreRx as essential solutions for your dental practice.
iCoreConnect has been intensively vetted and awarded more than 100 association product agreements across our platform. As part of those partnerships and agreements, iCoreConnect is offering exclusive discounts for members verified by the MSDA roll.
If you are not currently a member, your iCoreConnect sales rep would be happy to introduce you to the folks at the MSDA.
Texas Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) and iCoreRx
In 2020, Texas law required that pharmacists and prescribers check a patient’s PMP history through Texas PMP AWARxE before dispensing or prescribing controlled substances including: opioids, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, or carisoprodol.
iCoreRx offers an option to integrate with Texas PMP AWARxE. Streamline the process and improve prescription speed and efficiency while ensuring adherence to Texas law and boosting patient safety. The integration allows prescribers to directly access the patient's PMP report without logging into the Texas PMP site.
Moving your practice management from a “legacy” hardware system to cloud-based iCoreDental can speed a multitude of operations and help you discover revenue strategies that simply weren’t possible before.
- Built on the cloud from scratch, with no need to purchase and maintain a server
- Access patient data anywhere you have internet
- Expand to multiple locations with ease, allowing staffing flexibility and financial oversight
- Run insightful reports on virtually every aspect of your business