(WINDERMERE, FL, September 2, 2020 / (Globe Newswire) via NewMediaWire – iCoreConnect, Inc. (OTCQB: ICCT) announces the endorsement of iCoreRx by the Michigan Dental Association. The HIPAA-compliant, cloud-based e-Prescription software increases operational speed, helps reduce prescription abuse and increases practice profitably.
On October 1, 2021, a new Michigan law takes effect requiring electronic prescriptions for all medications, including controlled substances. “e-Prescribing is a significant way states across the country are combatting the opioid epidemic,” explains iCoreConnect President and CEO, Robert McDermott. “MDA is proactively educating its members about the new law. iCoreRx actually speeds doctors’ workflow while complying to this new law and protecting patients.” Michigan doctors are also required to check the state’s Prescription Drug Monitoring Program, known as MAPS. iCoreRx software offers single-click, real-time access to MAPS. “The Michigan Dental Association selected iCoreRx following a competitive request for proposal process,” Cindy Hoogasian, director of MDA Services & Marketing, explains. “iCoreRx emerged as the preferred software because of its ability to integrate with MAPS and interface with most practice management systems. Patient information is pre-populated for our members, simplifying the prescription process. Doctors can also view a patient’s complete prescription history, even if it’s the patient’s first visit with the doctor.”
iCoreConnect creates all of its cloud-based software to exceed compliance standards and improve the workflow of its users. “In addition to interfacing with MAPS and most EHRs, iCoreRx has a number of unique functions. For example, dentists have a built-in Lexicomp drug directory at their fingertips for rapid search information about drug dosing and contra-indications,” elaborates McDermott.
This is the second iCoreConnect product endorsed by MDA. In 2018, MDA endorsed iCoreExchange HIPAA-compliant email. “We know the high-quality member service the company provides and are confident the iCoreConnect team will help our members transition smoothly to transmitting all prescriptions electronically,” states Hoogasian.
iCoreConnect’s entire platform of enterprise software solutions are cloud-based, designed to solve specific business problems and drive revenue. iCoreConnect builds and improves all of its software based on the feedback of currently-engaged healthcare providers, including approximately 2,000 dentists and physicians who helped design and develop iCoreExchange (HIPAA-compliant email and referral network), iCoreDental (dental practice management) and iCoreMD (medical EHR).
iCoreConnect recognitions include:
- Top 25 IoT Solution Providers 2019 by CIO Applications Magazine
- Top 10 Encryption Solution Providers 2018 by Enterprise Security Magazine
- Top 10 Dental Solutions 2018 by Healthcare Tech Outlook
- Top 50 Products of 2017 by Dental Products Report Magazine
iCoreConnect’s unequivocal commitment responding to the market has resulted in agreements with the following organizations:
- Colorado Dental Association (iCoreExchange)
- Florida Dental Association Crown Services (iCoreExchange, iCoreDental)
- Georgia Dental Association (iCoreExchange)
- Louisiana Dental Association (iCoreExchange)
- Maine Medical Association (iCoreExchange, iCoreMD)
- Michigan Dental Association (iCoreExchange, iCoreRx)
- Mississippi Dental Association (iCoreRx)
- Missouri Dental Association (iCoreRx)
- Montana Dental Association (iCoreRx, iCoreDental, iCoreExchange, iCoreHuddle)
- New Orleans Dental Association (iCoreDental)
- New York State Dental Association (iCoreExchange)
- North Carolina Dental Society (iCoreRx, iCoreExchange)
- Oklahoma Dental Association (iCoreRx)
- Oregon Dental Association (iCoreRx)
- South Carolina Dental Association (iCoreExchange)
- StartUp Health (iCoreExchange, iCoreMD, iCoreDental, iCoreCodeGenius, iCoreHuddle, iCoreFlex, iCoreRx)
- Texas Dental Association Perks Program (iCoreExchange, iCoreDental, iCoreHuddle, iCoreRx)
- Virginia Dental Association/VDA Services (iCoreExchange, iCoreRx)
- Wyoming Medical Society (iCoreExchange, iCoreMD, iCoreCodeGenius)
iCoreConnect is a cloud-based software and technology company focused on increasing profit and operational speed in high-compliance industries. iCoreConnect is most notably known for its innovation in solving healthcare business problems. The company’s philosophy is built on a high level of customer feedback, allowing iCoreConnect to respond to the market’s needs. iCoreConnect touts a platform of more than a dozen SaaS enterprise solutions and more than 30 agreements with state or regional healthcare associations. iCoreConnect is a member of the prestigious StartUp Health accelerator.
Forward Looking Statements
In this news release, the use of the words "believe," "could," "expect," "may," "positioned," "project," "projected," "should," "will," "would" or similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements that represent the Company's current judgment about possible future events. The Company believes these judgments are reasonable, but these statements are not guarantees of any events or financial results, and actual results may differ materially due to a variety of important factors.